Woman claims malpractice after c-section

On Behalf of | May 20, 2013 | Uncategorized |

Pennsylvania residents go to the doctor for various reasons. Whether it is for an ailment, injury or a procedure, patients not only put a lot of trust in medical staff; they sometimes risk their lives at the hands of a doctor. A medical malpractice can occur due to medical error or negligence. When this happens, the patient can suffer greatly. The medical issue can worsen, new medical issues can occur or a fatality can result from a medical malpractice incident. This not only affects the life of the patient, but the lives of their loved ones, as well.

Testimony of the husband of a woman who alleges she was a victim of medical malpractice was heard in court recently. The Minersville woman claimed that a doctor negligently treated her after she had her baby by Caesarean section and feared that she would die. The husband and wife reported that there was an abnormal amount of bleeding followed the procedure and several blood clots had to be removed from her. The woman ultimately had to undergo a hysterectomy and will not be able to have children in the future. The couple is seeking monetary damages for her extreme pain, her negligent medical treatment and her need for a hysterectomy due to the medical negligence.

When a patient suffers due to medical error, a medical malpractice suit can be filed in order to seek compensation for the damages suffered. Any medical bills, rehabilitation, lost wages, damages and pain and suffering may be covered by the suit. When a patient experiences medical negligence, he or she may have to undergo additional procedures. The medical malpractice suit would cover those procedures and future treatments related to the malpractice that he or she would have to undergo.

Being a victim of a medical malpractice can be life-altering. Not only does the patient suffer at the hands of a doctor, but he or she also may have future medical problems because of it.

Source: Pottsville Republican, “Malpractice trial starts in county court,” Peter E. Bortner, May 14, 2013